A new small release is ready, mostly fixing two annoying bugs in the GUI’s handling of color parameters that unfortunately slipped in in v69.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- MKVToolNix GUI: the user can now control where the job queue files & the preferences INI file are stored via environment variables. If set, the variable
MKVTOOLNIX_GUI_STATE_DIRcan point to a directory where the GUI stores both the job queue sub-directory and the preferences INI file. If you only want to relocate the preferences INI file, you can store the desired file name for the INI file in
MKVTOOLNIX_GUI_CONFIG_FILE. Implements #3382.
- MKVToolNix GUI: when adding directories via drag & drop/copy & paste the GUI will now offer the user the option to create one multiplex settings tab per directory & adding all files from that directory to the corresponding, newly created tab. Implements #3371.
- mkvmerge: AV1 OBU parser: fixed identifying files that only contain single frame. Fixes #3380.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when reading color parameters from identified files that are floating point numbers (minimum/maximum luminance, projection pitch/roll/yaw) the numbers will be formatted in floating-point notation instead of scientific notation as mkvmerge only supports the former. Fixes #3368.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: color parameters that are floating point numbers (minimum/maximum luminance, projection pitch/roll/yaw) will only be set to a value during identification if the identification actually contains the property, and not to 0 anymore if it doesn’t.
Build system changes
- Several merge requests where accepted that improve compilation on MSYS2 on Windows. Note that this build type isn’t supported.
Have fun 😁
v69 worked fine on Windows 7, but v70 gives an error. Any chance to keep supporting Win 7? HATE the Win 10/11 ;-)
Windows 7 hasn’t been supported for more than two years now. If earlier releases still ran on it, that was entirely accidental.
Why stop support win7?