I’ve released v5.7.0. It’s purely a bug fix release. The most important bug fixed was the excessive CPU usage during muxing.
Unfortunately the bug fix for the CPU usage brought on a new bug. Due to timing issues between the child process (mkvmerge) ending and the GUI reading its output the very last line(s) of mkvmerge’s output might not be shown by mmg. The progress bar might also not be updated to full. However, this is purely a cosmetic issue: the output file has been written completely by that point. See also issue 774.
All of the binaries that I provide myself are already available.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 5.6.0:
- 2012-07-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Released v5.7.0.
- mmg: bug fix: mmg will no longer print false warnings about a chapter UID not being unique. Fixes #760.
- mkvmerge, mkvpropedit, mmg: bug fix: All tools can now deal with 64bit UID values (chapter UIDs, edition UIDs etc).
- mkvmerge: new feature: If "splitting by parts" is active and the last split part has a finite end point then mkvmerge will finish muxing after the last part has been completed. Implements #768.
- 2012-06-29 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The DTS and TrueHD packetizers were not flushed correctly. In some rare circumstances this could lead to mkvmerge aborting with an error message about the packet queue not being empty at the end of the muxing process. Fixes #772.
- 2012-06-17 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg, mkvinfo’s GUI, all .exes: enhancement: Added new icons by Ben Humpert based on the ones by Eduard Geier (see AUTHORS).
- 2012-06-05 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed handling of tracks in QuickTime/MP4 files with a constant sample size. This fixes the other reason for the "constant sample size and variable duration not supported" error. Fixes issue 764.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Tracks in QuickTime/MP4 files with empty chunk offset tables (STCO and CO64 atoms) are ignored. This fixes one of the reasons for the "constant sample size and variable duration not supported" error.
- 2012-06-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed mmg’s excessive CPU usage during muxing.
- 2012-06-01 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading DTS from AVI files often resulted in the error message that DTS headers could not be found in the first frames. This has been fixed. Fixes issue 759.
- 2012-05-31 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Documentation: Updated the cross-compilation guide and fixed the "setup_cross_compilation_env.sh" script.