Here’s another small summery bug fix release for MKVToolNix, v36.0.0. Nothing major’s changed; just a couple of fixes here & there.
There’ve been no changes regarding packaging since the previous release.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: mkvmerge now allows appending AV1, VP8, VP9, H.264/AVC and
H.265/HEVC tracks whose pixel dimensions differ. Implements #2582.
- source code: fixed building with Boost 1.71.0. Fixes #2599.
- all: fixed the spelling of the H.264 & H.265 codec names.
- mkvmerge: Blu-ray MPLS handling: mkvmerge will now find corresponding M2TS
files even if the
clip_codec_identifierplaylist item field is not set to
M2TSin the MPLS file. Fixes #2601.
- mkvmerge: fixed handling of text files that use both DOS-style and
Unix-style line endings resulting in problems such as text subtitle files
not being parsed correctly. Fixes #2594.
Have fun :)