Time for release v35.0.0 of MKVToolNix. Again, it only includes a small number of enhancements and bug fixes; nothing major.
There’ve been no changes regarding packaging since the previous release.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: JSON identification: the "codec name" track property will be
codec_name. The JSON schema has been bumped to v12 for this
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added a new type of action to execute after job
completion: deleting source files for of multiplexer jobs. As this is a
destructive operation, the action is disabled by default. Implements #869
- mkvmerge: the "codec name" track property wasn’t copied from Matroska
files. Fixes #2566.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: Windows: clearing the destination file name
will reset the tab name to "<No destination file>" again. Fixes #2571.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the file types were not re-translated if the UI
language was changed. Fixes #2572.
Have fun :)