I’ve released mkvtoolnix v4.9.0. It’s mostly a bug fix release with few new features.
Here are the usual links: the home page, the source code and the Windows installer and 7zip archive.
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 4.8.0:
- 2011-07-09 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: DV files are recognized as an unsupported container type. Fix for bug 630.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed handling block groups in Matroska files with a duration of 0.
- 2011-07-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: Various compatibility fixes for use with wxWidgets 2.9.x.
- 2011-06-23 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed building with Sun Studio’s C compiler.
- 2011-06-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: ISO 639-2 terminology language codes are converted to the corresponding bibliography code upon file identification (e.g. ‘deu’ is converted to ‘ger’).
- 2011-06-02 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: The timecode scale is retrieved first before applying it to the segment duration.
- all: Added an Italian translation by Roberto Boriotti and Matteo Angelino (see AUTHORS).
- 2011-05-28 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed populating the ‘compression’ drop down box according to what mkvmerge was compiled with.
- 2011-05-26 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: When a DTS track is read from a source file that provides timecodes (e.g. Matroska files) then those timecodes will be preserved.
- 2011-05-25 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: Fixed remuxing certain VC1 video tracks from Matroska files. Fix for bug 636.
i update to 4.9.0
when i use mkvmerge GUI to open a mkv file.
it is very slower than 4.8.0. takes around 40 seconds to open a 239MB mkv file.
even when i merge a mkv, it takes 45 seconds before begin merging process.
i use win 7 64bit.
See bug 641.
Please see bug 641.
Tried 4.9.0, but had to roll back to 4.8.0. Very very very slow opening of files with 4.9.0… tried to open an 11GB .mkv and finally gave up after 10 minutes. Audio files take 20 seconds whereas with 4.8.0 they are instant (as are .mkvs). WinXP SP3 32bit.
With release 4.9.0, when I try to load any stream to create a muxing to MKV.
the program remains stuck in the loading
I had to regress to version 4.8.0.
You can fix it or are the only one with this problem?
Please see bug 641 and bug 642.