Even though not much has happened with MKVToolNix over the last six or seven weeks, I’ve decided to finalize the first release of the year, v73. Nothing overly amazing in it.
One note for macOS users that isn’t stated in the NEWS below: this release’s DMG was built with FLAC support again. Sorry for the confusing in the previous version; that was due to build system setup SNAFUs on my end.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: greatly enhanced the speed of Base64 decoding which is used used e.g. when reading pictures embedded in Ogg or FLAC files or for binary data inside XML chapter & tag files. Even small blocks of data could take unreasonably long.
- mkvmerge: added support for reading HEVC/H.265 video from FLV containers. Implements #3466.
- mkvmerge: splitting: fixed a typo in the string output in GUI mode regarding the timestamps before which splitting was done. See #3421.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job output: after having run multiple jobs the “Clear output” functionality only reset the visible parts. However, using the “save output” function would also save the output generated before the user used “clear output”. Now only the output after the last use of “clear output” is saved. Fixes #3438.
- build system: when probing for the FLAC library the Ogg libraries will be linked with the compiled test program as well. This fixes detection if the
pkg-configsettings for FLAC don’t list Ogg & the linker doesn’t find the library automatically (e.g. for my macOS builds). Fixes #3439.
Have fun 😁