just keeping up with my usual release cadence & releasing MKVToolNix v66, a rather small release.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvpropedit: added a new option
--chapter-charsetallowing the user to specify the character set to use when reading the following chapter file. Implements #3276.
- MKVToolNix GUI: each language shortcut can now be associated with an optional track name that is set along with the language when the shortcut is used. This is an alternative to the feature requested in #3283.
- mkvmerge: Ogg/OGM reader: mkvmerge will no longer abort with an exception when it encounters Vorbis comments that contain data that isn’t valid UTF-8. Fixes #3290.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: fixed several issues with the tab order of elements in the “properties” pane and the “output” tab. Also fixed the language display widgets (e.g. “track language” in the “properties” pane) never receiving tab focus. Fixes #3274.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the chapter name template will now be passed to
mkvmergeif a chapter file is selected on the “output” tab. Fixes #3295.
Have fun 😁