time for another release of MKVToolNix, v26.0.0. It’s on the smaller side regarding the number of changes.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: chapter generation: if the name template given by
--generate-chapters-name-templateis empty, no names (
master elements with
ChapterLanguagechildren) will be
generated for the chapter atoms. Part of the implementation of #2275.
- mkvmerge: chapters: chapter names generated from MPLS files will now use the
name template if one is set via
--generate-chapters-name-template. Part of
the implementation of #2275.
- mkvmerge: mkvmerge will no longer abort with an error message if no audio,
video and subtitle tracks should be multiplexed. This allows copying of
chapters from non-chapter source files (e.g. Matroska or MP4 files).
- MKVToolNix GUI: the font size in the tool selector on the left will scale
with the font size the user selects in the preferences.
- MKVToolNix GUI: the GUI will no longer automatically resize the columns in
tree and list views to match the content size. Instead it remembers and
restores the widths set by the user. Implements #2353.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the chapter name template will now be set
automatically to the name template in the preferences’ "chapter editor"
section. Additionally the option
be passed to mkvmerge in situations when mkvmerge will generate chapters
(either because automatic generation is enabled or if chapters are generated
for MPLS playlists). Part of the implementation of #2275.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: if the chapter name template is empty,
chapters will be generated without names. Part of the implementation of
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: added an option to remove all chapter names
to the "additional modifications" dialog. Part of the implementation of
- mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed wrong timestamps when appending Matroska
files where the second Matroska file’s first timestamp is bigger than 0.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed division by zero errors during file
identification if the timescale is 0 in the
- mkvmerge: Windows Television DVR files are now recognized as an unsupported
file type. This prevents mis-detection as MPEG-2 with an accompanying flood
of error messages. Fixes #2347.
- MKVToolNix GUI: info tool: under certain circumstances "cues" were shown at
the wrong level (inside the previous master element instead of on level
1). Fixes #2361.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: fixed invalid memory handling and consequent
crashes when using the "edit in corresponding tool & remove from job queue"
option if one of the files in that job contained attached files. Fixes
Build system changes
- An AppStream metadata file will be installed in
Have fun :)