Time for the next release of MKVToolNix. This time it’s really just polishing of existing functionality.
Dear package maintainers: I have to say again that MKVToolNix v9.3.1 and later requires the recently released libEBML v1.3.4 and libMatroska v1.4.5. Even though both libraries are API and ABI compatible with their prior releases this only means that a program compiled against an older version of the library will still work when run against a newer version of the library.
However, MKVToolNix v9.3.1 and newer use features newly introduced in libMatroska v1.4.4. This means that you cannot compile MKVToolNix v1.4.5 and try to run it against v1.4.4 — that’ll fail with symbol lookup errors from ld.
I’ve received multiple reports of MKVToolNix v9.3.x packages that could be installed with libMatroska v1.4.4. This won’t work. Please make the dependency on v1.4.5+ explicit. Thanks.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
- 2016-08-22 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Released v9.4.0 "Knurl".
- 2016-08-16 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvpropedit: bug fix: mkvpropedit will no longer say that it’s writing the changes if only attachment changes are specified and none of the specified attachments can be found.
- 2016-08-11 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: overly long chapter names don’t cause the GUI’s window to become overly wide anymore. Fixes #1760.
- 2016-08-10 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: DTS bug fix: if present mkvmerge will use an XLL extension’s sample rate information as the sample rate to put into the track headers. Fixes #1762.
- 2016-08-06 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: new feature: added support for reading Apple ProRes video from MOV/MP4 files. Patch by Chao Chen (see AUTHORS).
- 2016-08-02 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: when appending files mkvmerge wasn’t starting clusters on video key frame anymore for the first and all following appended files. Fixes #1757.
- 2016-07-31 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: when adding attachments the GUI will check if there are attachments or attached files with the same name as the file to add. If so the GUI will tell the user and ask for confirmation.
- 2016-07-30 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: mkvmerge now accepts file names in square brackets for appending files, e.g. "mvkmerge -o out.mkv [ in1.avi in2.avi in3.avi ]" instead of "mkvmerge -o out.mkv in1.avi + in2.avi + in3.avi".
- 2016-07-29 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- 2016-07-19 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: the "select a play list to add" dialog does now contain a column with the number of chapters for each play list found.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: dragging & dropping a valid .mtxcfg file (either a full job file or one containing only merge settings without the job properties) onto the job queue window will import the dropped .mtxcfg job into the job queue. Rest of the implementation of #1714.
- 2016-07-18 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: dragging & dropping a job queue .mtxcfg file onto the merge tool or using one as a command line parameter to the mkvtoolnix-gui executable will import the .mtxcfg job into the job queue. Part of the implementation of #1714.
- 2016-07-15 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the automatic adjustments to the output file name based on the track types selected for muxing and the mechanism for keeping output file names unique had been broken since release v9.3.0. Fixes #1743.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: toggling the WebM mode check box will update the output file name’s extension automatically.
Have fun :)