I’ve released MKVToolNix 6.5.0. One new feature is present: support for the VP9 video codec (reading it from IVF and Matroska/WebM files, extracting it into IVF files). A German translation of the man pages has been added as well. Several minor bugs have been fixed here and there.
For package maintainers nothing has changed compared to 6.4.1.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 6.4.1:
- 2013-10-19 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v6.5.0.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: filler NALUs will now be removed from framed h.264/AVC tracks (such as the ones read from Matroska/MP4 files) just like they have already been when handling unframed tracks.
- mkvextract: new feature: implemented support for extracting VP9 tracks into IVF files.
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented support for VP9 read from IVF and Matroska/WebM files. Implements #899.
- mkvextract: enhancement: using the same track/attachment ID multiple times in "tracks", "attachments" or "timecodes_v2" mode will result in an error message instead of one empty file. Implements #914.
- mmg: bug fix: With wxWidgets 2.9.x/3.0.x debug message will no longer appear as modal dialogs but only go to the log window.
- 2013-10-18 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed a crash when reading empty global tag files. Fixes #921.
- 2013-10-17 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- build system: bug fix: fix autodetection of Boost’s library path if it is installed in the multiarch directories (e.g. /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu or /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu).
- 2013-10-04 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: saved window widths were growing by 1 pixel each time mmg was exited.
- 2013-10-03 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- documentation: Added a German translation of the man pages by Chris Leick (see AUTHORS).
- 2013-10-02 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading OGM files with chapter entries not encoded in the system’s local character set has been fixed. During identification the number of chapter entries is still output by removing any non-ASCII characters from the chapter entries. When muxing an additional warning is output if parsing those chapter entries fails, e.g. due to the format being wrong or due to the charset guessed wrongly. Fixes #919.
- 2013-09-17 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The "duration" element was calculated wrong if the first element in the file wasn’t the one with the smallest timestamp. To be precise, it was too short by the difference between the first timestamp and the smallest one (e.g with video sequences timestamped 80ms, 0ms, 40ms, 120ms… the duration was 80ms too short).