MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows. They do for Matroska what the
OGMtools do for the OGM format and then
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 01 Dec 2013: Released v6.6.0 (ChangeLog).
- 24 Nov 2013: Added binaries for openSUSE 13.1. openSUSE 13.1. Also dropped
support for openSUSE 12.1 and 12.2, Fedora Core 17, Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" and 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal".
- 26 Oct 2013: Wrong checksums for Windows downloads fixed. Until today the checksums I posted of the 6.5.0 Windows binaries on
the downloads page were wrong. I re-checked the binaries offered on
FossHub, and the binaries have always been OK – I just forgot to update the checksums after the
necessary re-building against older wxWidgets. Sorry for the confusion.
- 19 Oct 2013: Released v6.5.0 (ChangeLog).
- 16 Sep 2013: Released v6.4.1 (ChangeLog).
- 15 Sep 2013: Released v6.4.0 (ChangeLog).
- 13 Sep 2013: Added binaries for CentOS/RedHat Enterprise
- 02 Jul 2013: Added binaries for Fedora Core 19.
- 02 Jul 2013: Dropped support for Fedora Core 16 and Ubuntu 11.04 "Oneiric Ocelot".
- 28 Jun 2013: Added new builds for Windows (6.3.0-1): same source, but built against a different version of the wxWidgets library in order to circumvent a
bug in the library.
- 28 Jun 2013: Released v6.3.0 (ChangeLog).
Older news entries