Here’s v13.0.0 of MKVToolNix. It contains a few small enhancements and a handful of bug fixes. Nothing major this time around, though I still recommend everyone to update.
There have been no additional changes since v12.0.0 that package maintainers should be aware of.
Here’s the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: information about multiple programs will be output as container properties during verbose/JSON identification. See #1990 for the use case.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool: added a column "program" to the tracks list. Certain container types such as MPEG transport streams can contain multiple programs. The new column will contain the service name (think TV station names such as "arte HD") for such streams. Implements the GUI part of #1990.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool: the dialog asking the user what to do with dropped files (add to current settings, add to new settings etc.) now remembers the previous decision and defaults to it the next time it’s shown. Implements #1997.
- MKVToolNix GUI: tabs can now be closed by pressing the middle mouse button. Implements #1998.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: MPEG-1/2 video read from MP4 files was written with an invalid codec ID (e.g.
V_MPEG7) in certain cases. Fixes #1995.
- mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: made the file type detection less strict so that garbage at the start of the file doesn’t prevent detection. Fixes #2008.
- mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: (E-)AC-3 tracks were not detected if the very first packet for that track didn’t contain a full (E-)AC-3 frame. Fixes #2016.
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed mkvmerge not detecting all tracks in MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs. Fixes one part of #1990.
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed track content being broken for some tracks read from MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs. Fixes another part of #1990.
- mkvmerge: JSON identification: the
sub_stream_idtrack properties were output as hexadecimal strings instead of unsigned integers. As the
ts_pidtrack property was only used for MPEG transport streams, its value is now output as
stream_idinstead, and the
ts_pidproperty has been removed. The JSON schema version has been bumped to 8 due to this change.
- mkvmerge: fixed a crash when appending video tracks where one track has a CodecPrivate member and the other one doesn’t.
- mkvmerge: track statistics tags: the
NUMBER_OF_BYTEStag is supposed to contain the number of bytes in a track before any of the content encoding schemes such as lossless compression is applied; however, mkvmerge was wrongfully using the number of bytes after the schemes had been applied. Fixes #2022.
- mkvmerge: CLPI & MPLS parsers: MPLS and CLPI files with version number
0300as used on Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs are now accepted as well. Fixes #2010.
- mkvpropedit: fixed a crash when the selector used for
- MKVToolNix GUI: fixed computation of value of total progress bar for multiple jobs running. Fixes #2005.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, adding new attachments: when the GUI checks if there’s an attachment with the same name it will now disregard disabled attached files. Fixes #2001.
- Debian/Ubuntu packaging: during a
dpkg-buildpackagerun the test suite was failing when a non-English locale was active and MKVToolNix packages had already been installed. Fixes #2011.
Have fun :)