I’ve just released a new minor update, v71.1. It solely fixes the “configure” script not having the correct requirements wrt. to libEBML & libMatroska. It also fixes several issues in the XML DTDs, but those aren’t actually used in MKVToolNix itself. Functionality wise v71.1 is the same as v71.0. If you aren’t a Linux package maintainer, feel free to skip this release.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
- Chapters DTD: added the new edition & chapter elements from Matroska v5.
- Chapters DTD: fixed EditionUID being mandatory. mkvmerge can auto-generate it if it’s missing from the XML file.
- Chapters DTD: fixed the
example-chapters-1.xmlnot validating against the DTD.
- Chapters DTD: corrected the old name
- Chapters DTD: fixed
ChapLanguageIETFmissing its element declaration &
- XML DTDs: fixed elements representing binary data not allowing the
Build system changes
- bug fix: configure accidentally tested for libEBML ≥ 2.0.0 & libMatroska ≥ 2.0.0, even though the actual requirements are 1.4.4 & 1.7.1 respectively.
Have fun 😁