Hello dear people,
I sincerely hope you’re all healthy or at least on the way there. I’m fine, and having some more time on my hands I was able to get more done wrt. MKVToolNix. So this release is a bit bigger than the previous ones.
Nothing’s changed for package managers.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: mkvmerge has never supported appending & splitting FLAC audio
tracks. mkvmerge will now emit error messages when the user attempts either
instead of continuing and creating invalid FLAC tracks.
- MKVToolNix GUI: added an option in the preferences to turn on eliding text
on tab headers. If enabled, tab names will be shortened so that all tab
headers fit into the window’s width. Implements #2768.
- MKVToolNix GUI: added an option in the preferences to disable all tooltips.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Windows: debug output sent via Qt’s to Windows’ debugging
facility will use a more verbose message format including the application
name, making it easier to filter for in SysInternal’s "Debug View" utility.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if the file identification fails due to a JSON
parser error, the output generated by
mkvmergewill be output via Qt’s
debugging facility (viewable with SysInternal’s "Debug View" utility on
Windows; on other systems it’s output on
STDERR) allowing insight into
what’s gone wrong.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if an error occurs during file identification,
the name of the processed file will be mentioned in the error message.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if an error occurs during identification of
multiple files, the GUI will ask the user whether to continue or abort the
identification process. Implements #2778.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added an option in the preferences for removing
completed jobs when exiting the program depending on their status.
- mkvmerge: H.265/HEVC packetizer: fixed changing the NALU size length, it was
using the wrong offset into the
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed calculating the duration of video tracks that
only contain a single frame. Fixes #2747.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: if there’s no frame offset table (
for H.265/HEVC video tracks, mkvmerge will determine the timestamp order
itself instead of relying on the timestamps in the MP4 being in the
presentation order required by Matroska. Fixes #2777.
- mkvpropedit: Windows: mkvpropedit wasn’t caching when reading the file to
modify, slowing down operations such as adding track statistics tags
considerably. Fixes #2761.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when using the title as part of the destination
file name (both automatically as well as using the "copy title to
destination file name" function) all characters that aren’t valid in a file
name are replaced by hyphens.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the "copy title to destination file name"
function was broken when the "make file name unique" option in the
preferences was disabled. In that case the file base name was removed
regardless of what the title was set to at the time.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when using the "show command line" menu option
on Windows the path to the
mkvmergeexecutable was shown with forward
slashes instead of backslashes. This is a purely cosmetic fix as Windows
supports both forward and backward slashes.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when adding Blu-ray playlists the GUI used to
only look for the English version of the disc library information (title &
cover images). Now the GUI will present all disc library entries in the
"select playlist to add" dialog & let the user chose which one to use (if
any). Fixes #2765.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, info tool: fixed the "warn before overwriting"
check wrt. jobs creating the same file. Fixes #2758.
So try to have some fun, especially in these trying times.