Looks like it’s time for MKVToolNix v38, which continues the bug-fixing tradition of previous releases.
There’s one minor change wrt. packaging: Boost’s Operators header library is now required.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvextract: chapters, tags & cue sheets will now be written to standard
output if no file name is given, same as if
-is given as the file name.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added a new setting in the preferences’ "job
queue & job status" section that, when enabled, will cause the GUI to remove
all output files created by jobs that are either aborted by the user or that
end in an error. Implements #2614.
- all programs: macOS: fixed file access if the file name (including all path
components) contains any Unicode character where NFC (Normalization Form
Canonical Composed) and NFD (Normalization Form Canonical Decomposed)
differ, e.g. German Umlauts. Fixes #2620.
- mkvmerge: when splitting by chapters the user can now split by chapters
coming from one of the appended files, too. Fixes #2625.
- mkvmerge: AAC reader: fixed reading codec parameters (channels, sample rate)
if a file starts with garbage that includes valid-but-bogus AAC
headers. Fixes #2622.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Hebrew was added to the list of often-used languages so that
it can be selected by default again. Fixes #2610.
- MKVToolNix GUI: when updating the GUI’s settings from v37.0.0 or older, the
GUI checks if the list of often-used languages equals the built-in list from
v36.0.0. If it does, it will be updated to the built-in list changed in
v37.0.0. Fixes #2611.
Build system changes
- Boost’s Operators header library is now required.
Have fun :)