Here’s MKVToolNix v32.0.0, a really small bug fix release, the most important probably being the handling of Unicode code points > U+ffff (e.g. Emojis). For that to work a bug-fixed libEBML is also needed, which is why libEBML v1.3.7 is now required. It was released earlier today.
Other than that nothing has changed for package managers since v31.0.0.
You can download the source code or one of the binaries. The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are stil being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.
Here are the NEWS since the previous release:
New features and enhancements
- mkvinfo: when sizes are output the size of the element’s data portion is
output in addition to the element’s total size.
- MKVToolNix GUI: info tool: the element’s data portion is
shown as an extra column.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added column "Delay" to the track list
containing the additional delay to apply during multiplexing. Implements
- all: fixed handling of Unicode code points > U+FFFF. Fixes #2516.
- mkvmerge: Windows: mkvmerge was crashing with an exception when trying to
identify certain files that can be used on Blu-rays (such as MPEG transport
streams of MPLS play list files) and when the file name was given as a UNC
\\servername\sharename\path\to\file.m2ts). The GUI emitted
errors such as "the JSON output could not be parsed" in that case. Fixes
- MKVToolNix GUI: the portable mode wasn’t detected correctly when the current
working directory the GUI was started from wasn’t the directory the GUI’s
executable file was located it. Examples for when this is the case are
Windows’ "send to" or "open with" functions. Fixes #2501.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: using button to change the current destination
directory to one of the recently used ones did not update the file name
according to the "make file name unique" setting. Part of the fix of #2519.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the function "set destination file name from
selected file’s name" will now only change the destination file’s name but
not its path. Part of the fix of #2519.
Build system changes
- libEBML v1.3.7 and libMatroska 1.5.0 are now required as they fix their
handling of Unicode code points > U+FFFF (see #2516).
Have fun :)