Development speed has slowed down a little in the last couple of days. Nevertheless today’s release v8.9.0 contains a lot of bug fixes and enhancements.
There’s one small change for package maintainers: a Polish translation of the man pages has been added.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
- 2016-02-21 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v8.9.0.
- MKVToolNix GUI: the default font size adjustment has been deactivated for the time being as it causes problems on high DPI displays. See #1602.
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: ampersands (&) in file names were shown as keyboard shortcuts in tab titles in various tools (merge tool, chapter and header editors, job output tool). Fixes #1603.
- 2016-02-20 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor enhancement: when the user drags & drops files on an open header editor tab the GUI will ask the user what to do with them: either open the files as new header editor tabs or add the files as new attachments to the current tab. The action can also be set as the default. Implements #1585.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter & header editor enhancement: Matroska files are initially opened in read-only mode and only later re-opened in read/write mode in order to enable reading from write-protected files. Part of the implementation of #1594.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter & header enhancement: the error messages shown when a Matroska file could not be parsed have been improved to include the most likely reasons. Part of the implementation of #1594.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: added a menu entry for removing chapters from an existing Matroska file. Inspired by #1593.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: it is now possible to save chapters to Matroska files after having removed all entries (editions and chapter atoms). This effectively removes the chapters from the file. Implements #1593.
- 2016-02-18 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: added keyboard shortcuts for removing all completed jobs and for removing successfully completed jobs. Implements #1599.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: added icons to the context menu actions in the "attachments" sub-tab. Implements #1596.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: made the context menu entries in the "attachments" sub-tab clearer. Implements #1597.
- 2016-02-10 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed the handling of AVIs with a negative video height (which signals that the rows are arranged top-to-bottom).
- 2016-01-31 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue bug fix: fixed an invalid memory access in the "edit in corresponding tool and remove from queue" functionality.
- MKVToolNix GUI: re-write, merge tool bug fix: the file identification is now based on mkvmerge’s JSON output instead of its verbose output. This also fixes the merge tool not showing names of attachments inside Matroska files properly if those names contain spaces (#1583).
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the "mux this" combo box was disabled if a single attachment was selected.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: removed spurious output generated during file identification in the HEVC detection code (e.g. "Error No Error").
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed the output of the "playlist_file" and "other_file" properties of the "container" entity in the JSON identification format from a single string to an array of strings. The format version has been bumped to 3 due to this change.
- 2016-01-30 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- docs: added a Polish translation of the man pages by Daniel Kluz (see AUTHORS).
- MKVToolNix GUI: "run program after XYZ" enhancement: configurations can now be deactivated without having to change them. Implements #1581.
- 2016-01-24 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed parsing of AAC in MP4 with a program config element with an empty comment field at the end of the GA specific config. Fixes #1578.
- 2016-01-19 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: when reading Matroska files created by HandBrake that contain chapters the existing edition UIDs and chapter UIDs are removed and random ones created. This is necessary as HandBrake assigns sequential numbers starting at 1 for each file. Therefore there are two chapter entries with the UID 1, two with the UID 2 etc. and those should, strictly speaking, be treated as if they were a single chapter whereas the user expects those entries to stay separate entries. Implements an improvement for issues such as #1561.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the GUI no longer requires at least one source file to be present before muxing can start in order to allow creation of track-less files. Fixes #1576.
- 2016-01-16 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the "escape for Windows’ cmd.exe" mechanism will only escape arguments that actually need escaping in order to produce easier to read command lines.
- 2016-01-15 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: QuickTime/MP4 reader: fix a division by zero in the index generation for certain old audio codecs that have certain header fields (bytes_per_frame, samples_per_packet) set to 0.
- 2016-01-13 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: global elements (EBML void and CRC-32 elements) are now handled correctly if they’re located inside the segment info or the chapter translate parents.
Have fun :)