I’ve released MKVToolNix v8.2.0. This is another release implementing a lot of enhancements and new features for MKVToolNix GUI. Nearly all of them are a direct result of all the feedback received for versions 8.0.0 and 8.1.0. Therefore I urge you to upgrade, especially if you’re still using 8.0.0.
The old GUI (mkvmerge GUI) is still included and scheduled to be removed after 8.3.0.
Changes for package maintainers: nothing’s changed since v8.1.0.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
- 2015-07-18 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Released v8.2.0.
- mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the container type not being recognized properly by the GUI. Now the numerical container type ID is output in verbose identification mode by mkvmerge.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor enhancement: the template for chapter names can now contain a number of places for the chapter number, e.g. ‘<NUM:3>’. The number will be zero-padded if there are less places than specified.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: implemented a function for renumbering chapters. This allows the user to automatically assign new chapter names to one level of sub-chapters with ascending numbers. Implements #1355.
- 2015-07-15 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: the position of the tab headers of all tab widgets can be changed in the preferences. Implements #1334.
- 2015-07-12 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option for hiding the tool selector.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added menu options for stopping the queue either immediately or after the current job has finished. Implements #1303.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new job queue feature: added a context menu option for setting jobs to status »pending manual start«.
- 2015-07-11 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: the file is not kept open so that you can open it in other applications at the same time.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added context menu options for selecting all tracks of a specific type (e.g. all audio tracks). Implements #1197.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: the dialog shown after dragging & dropping files from external applications asking if those files should be added or appended now has an option to always add and never to show that dialog again. For new MKVToolNix installations the default is now to show this dialog again until the user deactivates it either in the dialog or in the preferences.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added additional ways to move selected files, tracks and attachments around: keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down) and optional buttons (those have to be enabled in the preferences). Using drag & drop remains possible. Implements #1279.
- 2015-07-05 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: if a GUI language other than English was selected then the warning/error messages output by mkvmerge were not recognized properly and output in the wrong text views.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed loading saved settings in which an appended file contains chapters/tags/attachments.
- 2015-07-04 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: dragging files from external applications now allows you to create new mux settings and add the dropped files to those if the »always add dropped files« option is off. Implements #1297.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added support for displaying the queue progress on the task bar button. Implements #1335.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed handling of MPEG transport streams where all PATs and PMTs have CRC errors. Fixes #1336.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: implemented support for re-ordering new attachments via drag & drop. Implements #1276.
- 2015-07-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the command line option used when the »fix bitstream timing info« check box is checked. Fixes #1337.
- 2015-07-01 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- docs: added a Spanish translation of the man pages by Israel Lucas Torrijos (see AUTHORS).
- MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: several drop down boxes have had their options renamed slightly to be more consistent overall and easier to select via the keyboard. Implements #1309.
- MKVToolNix GUI: fix compilation with the upcoming Qt 5.5.0. Fixes #1328.
- 2015-06-30 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue bug fix: when re-starting a job the »date finished« field wasn’t reset. Fixes #1323.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the option »set output file name relative to first input file« caused the relative path to be applied each time a file was added resulting in the wrong directory. Fixes #1321.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: when adding a Blu-ray playlist and aborting the »select playlist to add« dialog the originally opened playlist was added even so.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: the MPEG-1/2 video code was causing an illegal memory access under certain conditions. Fixes #1217 and #1278.
- 2015-06-29 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: the »default subtitle character set« combo box required a selection without an option for using the system’s default. An entry »– no selection by default –« has been added at the top.
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed parsing command line arguments to an already-running instance on Windows. Fixes #1322.
- 2015-06-28 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: position and size of the several additional windows are saved and restored. These include: the preferences window, the dialog for additional command line options, the dialog showing the command line and the dialog for selecting the playlist to add. Implements #1317.
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed the combo boxes with languages, countries and character sets not being re-initialized after changes to the list of common languages/countries/character sets in the preferences. Fixes #1224.
- MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the relative sizes of all splitters are saved and restored. Implements #1306.
- MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor bug fix: fixed the menu entries »save to XML file« and »save to Matroska file« not being available after loading chapters until the tool or tab was changed. Fixes #1312.
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed labels and therefore the window becoming excessively wide with long file names. Fixes #1314.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed the focus marker around combo boxes inside scroll areas not being drawn. Fixes #1310.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed the stereoscopy mode being off by one. Fixes #1311.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed the –append-to calculation if more than one file has been appended. Fixes #1313.