Yesterday I’ve created new OpenPGP/GPG keys: one for use in emails and for signing my Debian and Ubuntu package repositories, and another one for signing my RPM packages for CentOS/Fedora Core. All existing repositories and packages have been re-signed with the new keys.
Here are instructions for retrieving those keys (fingerprints are at the bottom).
For sending me encrypted emails and checking my signature you can retrieve the key with the ID
445B9007 from public key servers or download it from the bunkus.org webserver and import it from there.
If you use my apt repositories for Debian or Ubuntu you will have to add the new key to your apt key ring with the following command:
wget -q -O - https://www.bunkus.org/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.txt | sudo apt-key add -
If you use my yum repositories for Fedora Core or CentOS you will have to update the repository definition. This is done by updating the RPM I offer that contains both the repository spec and the key. Run this command:
sudo rpm -Uhv https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/centos/bunkus-org-repo-2-1.noarch.rpm
Alternatively you can download the key from public key servers or from my web server and add it to rpm with the following commands:
wget -q https://www.bunkus.org/gpg-pub-bunkusorg-rpm-signing.txt
sudo rpm --import gpg-pub-bunkusorg-rpm-signing.txt
Fingerprints for manual verification:
- The key used for emails and Debian/Ubuntu repositories has the ID
445B9007("Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>"; it can be used with both my private and work email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). Its fingerprint is
D919 9745 B054 5F2E 8197 062B 0F92 290A 445B 9007. Note that its sub-key
F2E32C85is used for the actual signature.
- The key used for the RPMs for Fedora Core and CentOS has the ID
10C052A6("bunkus.org RPM signing key <email@example.com>"; it cannot be used for email communication). Its fingerprint is
EB24 BCA1 4BA6 A24F 1427 6FEE 16D2 F5DC 10C0 52A6.
I’ve released MKVToolNix v7.6.0. It’s mainly a bug fix release. Nothing major had to be fixed, though.
Nothing has changed for package maintainers.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
- 2015-02-08 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v7.6.0.
- 2015-02-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- all programs: bug fix: Since release 7.0.0 the wrong exit code was used when warnings were finished (0 instead of 1). Fixes #1101.
- 2015-02-02 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Appending chapters with the same chapter UID was dropping all sub-chapters from the one of the two merged chapters. Now the sub-chapters are merged recursively as well.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The wrong Codec ID was written when reading PCM tracks from Matroska files in Big Endian byte order. Fixes #1113.
- 2015-01-23 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- all: new feature: added a Serbian (Latin) translation of the programs by Danko (see AUTHORS).
- 2015-01-17 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If splitting was active and AC3 tracks read from Matroska files were shorter than a split point then the following output file would contain an AC3 packet with the timecode of 00:00:00 somewhere in the middle. Fixes #1104.
- 2015-01-14 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: If a chapter track from a Matroska file is selected then the »language« drop-down box is disabled. Fixes #1105.
- 2015-01-05 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: On Windows the end-of-file-reached status wasn’t tracked correctly for certain file operations. This could manifest in e.g. mkvmerge not finding tracks in MPEG transport streams when probing MPLS playlist files. Fixes #1100.
- mmg: bug fix: When scanning for play lists the window presenting the results listed some properties in an unescaped way (e.g. »\s« instead of spaces).
- mmg: bug fix: When adding MPLS files mmg was only offering to scan for more playlists if there were at least two additional MPLS files present. This has been fixed to one MPLS file (in addition to the one just added).