I’ve released MKVToolNix v7.5.0. It contains a lot of new features dealing with h.265/HEVC video & AAC audio, some minor assorted enhancements and quite a number of bug fixes – especially some which prevent invalid memory access.
One important change for everyone building the packages: libEBML v1.3.1 and libMatroska v1.4.2 are now required. Both have been released today. Note that both libraries have been switched to use an autoconf/automake based build system and provide
MKVToolNix’ own configure script has therefore been changed to look for the libraries via their respective
pkg-config files. This means that the
--with-extra-libs don’t affect the detection of libEBML/libMatroska anymore. Instead you can set the environment variable
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to where the pkg-config scripts of libEBML and libMatroska are located.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
- 2015-01-04 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v7.5.0.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If the target drive is full then a nicer error message is output instead of simply crashing due to an uncaught exception.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading MPEG transport streams in which all PATs and/or PMTs have CRC errors. Fixes #1100.
- 2015-01-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- all: bug fix: Re-wrote the whole checksum calculation code. This lead to a fix for the Adler32 checksum algorithm that was triggered under certain circumstances. Adler32 is used in mkvinfo’s output (e.g. in summary mode or if checksums are activated), in the h.265/HEVC bitstream and TrueAudio (TTA) file headers.
- 2015-01-01 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed handling of HE-AACv2 with object type »parametric stereo«.
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented support for MP4 DASH files. Implements #1038.
- 2014-12-31 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented reading MPEG-H p2/HEVC video tracks from MP4 files. Implements #996.
- 2014-12-30 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: track statistics: the duration (and therefore the estimated bitrate) was wrong for files in which the frame with the maximum timecode wasn’t the last frame in the file. Fixes #1092.
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented support for AAC in LOAS/LATM multiplex if read from MPEG transport streams or raw LOAS/LATM AAC files. Implements #877 and fixes the underlying issue in #832.
- 2014-12-21 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: libEBML and libMatroska have been changed to provide pkg-config configuration files. Therefore MKVToolNix’ build system has been switched to look for both libraries via pkg-config.
- 2014-12-20 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2014-12-19 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: libMatroska v1.4.2 is now required as part of a fix for #1096.
- 2014-12-18 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- build system: libEBML v1.3.1 is now required as a part of a fix for #1089.
- mkvinfo: bug fix: mkvinfo will abort with a proper error message if the first element found is not an EBML head element. See #1089.
- all: enhancement: improved exception messages that can occur when reading damaged Matroska files to make it clearer for the user what’s happening. See #1089.
- 2014-12-16 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>