I’ve released mkvtoolnix v7.2.0. It fixes a couple of small bugs. Furthermore it fixes compilation with the just-released Boost v1.56.0 which is source-incompatible to earlier releases in certain ways.
Behind the scenes a lot of work has gone into the re-write of mmg called MKVToolNix GUI. This release is the first one to feature a preview of that new GUI, but only in the Windows binaries (users of other operating systems will have to compile the package themselves if they want to run the new GUI). More details are available on the MKVToolNix GUI status page.
For packagers: note that the REAMDE file has been converted to Markdown format. Therefore it has been renamed to README.md.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 7.1.0:
- 2014-09-13 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v7.2.0.
- MKVToolNix GUI: included a first preview version in the Windows installer and portable releases.
- 2014-09-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed calculating AC3 delay from garbage data when reading AC3 from AVIs. This stopped working in release 5.4.0 due to commit 97cc2121.
- 2014-09-06 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvextract: bug fix: SSA/ASS files with sections after "[Events]" in their CodecPrivate are now handled correctly. Fixes #1057.
- 2014-09-05 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed handling certain edit list types in MP4 files that are used for positive track delays. Fixes #1059.
- 2014-08-09 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- source: Fixed compilation with Boost 1.56.0 which changed the»indexed« range adaptor in an incompatible way.
- mkvpropedit, mmg’s header editor: bug fix: when editing files with missing track UID elements such an element will be generated automatically instead of crashing and leaving the file in an unplayable state. Part of a fix for #1050.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading Matroska files with missing track UID elements will no longer cause mkvmerge to abort with an error. A warning is printed and a new unique track ID generated instead. Part of a fix for #1050.