I’ve release v6.7.0 of MKVToolNix. It contains tons of bug fixes all over the place, but also a couple of enhancements. The most important bug fix is probably the change to how MPLS files are handled (see below).
This is the first release for which I’m providing 64bit binaries for Windows as well. They offer the same functionality as the 32bit binaries. Versions can be distinguished in their version number output as well as mmg’s »about« dialog.
Please note that the Windows installer and portable archive do not contain the word »Unicode« anymore. That’s not because they don’t support Unicode; they do. It’s just that the last release without Unicode support was v2.something quite a lot of years ago, and there’s simply no reason to point out the Unicode-awareness anymore.
There’s one change for package maintainers: Ruby 1.9.x is now required for building. I don’t support 1.8.x anymore. This should not be a problem for current distributions anyway.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 6.6.0:
- 2014-01-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Released v6.7.0.
- build system: Ruby 1.9.x is now required.
- 2014-01-05 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- all: enhancement: The architecture (32bit/64bit) is mentioned in the version information of all programs.
- 2014-01-02 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: bug fix for 64bit builds on Windows (x86_64-w64-mingw32): use the correct processor architecture via separate Windows manifest files. Fixes mmg and mkvinfo not starting due to »error 0x0000007b«.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a potential endless loop due to an integer overflow in the code removing AVC/h.264 filler NALUs.
- 2014-01-01 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2013-12-31 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: enhancement: The »additional parts« dialog will now show the files that make up an MPLS playlist. This is for informational purposes only and doesn’t allow changing the playlist itself.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading from an MPLS playlist file is now done as if the second and following files referenced in that playlist had been appended to the first file from that playlist. Before they were treated as if they were additional parts. Fixes #934.
- mmg: enhancement: a couple of fixes to tooltips: 1. Content correction for »splitting by chapters«; 2. no ugly re-formatting with wxWidgets 3.0.0 on Windows.
- 2013-12-30 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Improved the AAC, AC3 and MP3 header decoding error handling so that the corresponding parsing routines won’t get stuck in endless loops when encountering certain garbage data patterns.
- 2013-12-29 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: unified codec names output by mkvmerge’s identification mode for all file format readers.
- mkvinfo: bug fix: when setting the language with –ui-language a few strings were still translated using the system’s default language.
- mkvextract: bug fix: if the track headers were located at the end of the file (e.g. after modification with mkvpropedit or mmg’s header editor) then mkvextract was writing files with a length 0 bytes.
- mmg: bug fix: the »playlist items« list box in the »select playlist file to add« dialog was showing the items in reversed order. Fixes #952.
- 2013-12-28 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: the »select playlist file to add« dialog can now be resized, minimized and maximized. It also remembers its position and size during runs. Fixes #951.
- 2013-12-27 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: enhancement: The user can select the default subtitle character set to use for newly added subtitle tracks in the preferences dialog as requested in bug #948.
- 2013-12-24 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: fixed the tooltip for the subtitle character set drop-down box to match mkvmerge’s actual behavior. Fixes #948.
- 2013-12-18 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented reading DTS audio tracks from MP4 files (with ESDS object type ID == 0xA9 (decimal 169) or FourCC == ‘DTS ‘ or ‘dtsc’).
- 2013-12-18 Ralph Giles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: allowed muxing Opus to WebM files.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the mapping of the Opus element »seek pre-roll« and »pre-skip« to the Matroska elements »track seek pre-roll« and »codec delay«. Remuxing Matroska files without Opus created with earlier versions of MKVToolNix is enough to fix such a file.
- 2013-12-15 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixing the bitstream timing information of h.264/AVC writes clean values for 25000/1001 frames per second video (e.g. de-telecined PAL @ 29.97).
- 2013-12-07 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: fixed a crash in during drag & drop operations in mmg’s chapter editor.