I’ve released MKVToolNix 6.6.0. I’m trying to get back on a release cycle of roughly six weeks between minor versions (minor being the middle part of the version number). So releases may happen more often than over the summer but contain few changes.
This release fixes a couple of bugs and greatly improves the compatibility to the newly released wxWidgets 3.0.0. A new translation into Portuguese has been added, and you can now re-order chapters in the chapter editor with the usual drag & drop operations.
Nothing has changed for package maintainers compared to the previous release, v6.5.0.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 6.5.0:
- 2013-12-01 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v6.6.0.
- mmg: new feature: implemented drag & drop in the chapter editor. Implements #929.
- 2013-11-24 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: fixed an assertion in wxLogMessage() due to wrong format string/argument data types caused by changes in wxWidgets 3.0.0. See Debian bug #730273.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: improved resilience against MP4 files with obviously wrong entries in the ‘sample size table’ (STSZ) atom.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: improved VC1 frame type detection so that it works even for streams without entry points.
- 2013-11-14 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: at most the lower 32bits of the track numbers and track UIDs elements were output, even if the element in the file used more bits. Fixes #935.
- 2013-11-02 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed accessing invalid memory in the memory handling core routines. May be triggered by the code to remove filler NALUs introduced in v6.5.0. Fixes #931.
- 2013-10-26 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: fixed the tracks list box on the input tab being invisible/0 pixels high with wxWidgets 2.9.x/3.x.
- all: integrated the Portuguese translation. Although the translation files themselves had been added back in 6.3.0 that translation wasn’t available for selection due to forgetfulness on my part.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The file detection code in the MPEG elementary stream reader had a logic error. Fixes #928. In practice this logic error didn’t have any consequence.