I’ve released MKVToolNix 6.4.1 only one day after the release of 6.4.0 due to a nasty regression in 6.4.0 compared to 6.3.0. This release fixes that single bug only. For reference I’ll include the previous release message including the new ChangeLog entries. Note that only the source and Windows packages have been uploaded yet; the Linux binaries are still being built.
I’ve released MKVToolNix 6.4.0. Not a lot has happened over the summer, but the Opus support has been finalized. A couple of bug fixes here and there as well, especially regarding startup problems on Windows (the mmg window not appearing). However, the next release should feature HEVC support, and I didn’t want to hold off the release until that’s been finished as it may still take a couple of weeks. So here you go.
For package maintainers: you need libMatroska 1.4.1 due to new elements, a version that hasn’t been released yet (libEBML requirements stay at the already-released 1.3.0). MKVToolNix’ configure will fall back to the included version and build it statically. I’m sorry for this, and this is not intentional but due to severe lack of time on my side these past weeks. I’ll try to release said library within the next two or three week. So feel free to hold off packaging this MKVToolNix version until then.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 6.3.0:
- 2013-09-16 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Released v6.4.1.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed packet ordering regression introduced in 6.4.0 if –default-duration is used for a track.
- 2013-09-15 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v6.4.0.
- mkvextract: new feature: Implemented extraction of Opus tracks into OggOpus files.
- 2013-09-14 Monty Montgomery <email@example.com>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: The track information summary enabled with -t/–track-info counted bytes in SimpleBlocks twice.
- 2013-07-19 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: CueRelativePosition was wrong for BlockGroups: it pointed to the Block inside the group instead of the BlockGroup itself. CueRelativePosition elements for SimpleBlock elements are not affected. Fixes #903.
- 2013-07-05 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented final Opus muxing.
- 2013-07-04 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: The "jobs" folder will be created in the same mmg.exe is located in for the portable version. The installed version will still keep the folder where has already been (%APP_DATA%\mkvtoolnix\jobs).
- mmg: bug fix: Closing mmg’s window while it was minimized caused mmg to appear hidden and unmovable when started the next time.
- 2013-07-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed overly long startup time with wxWidgets 2.9.x (especially on Windows) by using alternative methods for initializing certain controls. Makes startup time on par with wxWidgets 2.8. See #893.
- 2013-07-02 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: new feature: Added support for the new Matroska elements DiscardPadding, CodecDelay and SeekPreRoll.
- build system: libMatroska 1.4.1 is now required for building.