I’ve released MKVToolNix 6.1.0. It’s one main new feature is support for Blu-ray playlists (MPLS files). You can add them just like any other file and mkvmerge will use the files the playlist references instead. If you add such a playlist in mmg you can let mmg scan the whole directory for other playlists. mmg will then present you with the results (which include each playlist’s duration, the referenced files, total file size, the number and types of tracks and the number of chapters) from which you can chose which playlist to actually add. This allows for easy selection of the most appropriate playlist (often the longest, but not always).
There are a few other minor new features and a lot of bug fixes as well. Please look at the ChangeLog below for the details.
For package maintainers nothing has changed. MKVToolNix still requires its bundled versions of libEBML and libMatroska because new versions of them haven’t been released yet (just like in 5.9.0).
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 6.0.0:
- 2013-03-02 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v6.1.0.
- 2013-02-24 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed mkvmerge sometimes mistakenly detecting MPEG-1 video in MPEG program streams as AVC/h.264. Fixes #845.
- mmg: new feature: When a playlist file (e.g. MPLS Blu-ray playlist) is added mmg can optionally scan all the other files in the directory that have the same extension and present the user with the results (including them playback time, total size, number of chapters, number and types of tracks). The user can then select the actual playlist file to add. The user can configure the minimum playlist duration in order to filter out too short ones.
- 2013-02-22 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2013-02-17 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvinfo, mkvpropedit, mmg’s header editor: bug fix: Fixed the description for the DisplayUnit element to include value 3 ("aspect ratio").
- 2013-02-16 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- documentation: Added a Dutch translation of mmg’s guide by René Maassen (see AUTHORS).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed handling chapters when splitting by parts (both parts/timecodes and parts/frames). Fixes #831.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading certain MP4 atoms with invalid length fields.
- 2013-02-06 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix in common AAC code: Fixed wrong calculation of AAC packet size for malformed packets resulting in "safemalloc()" failing to allocate memory. Part of a fix for #832.
- 2013-02-03 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented support for reading MPLS BluRay playlist files. All M2TS files referenced from an MPLS file are processed. Chapter entries from that MPLS file are used as well. Implements #765.
- 2013-01-26 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: Selecting one of the pre-defined values from the "split by X" argument drop down box (e.g. "700M") was not leaving the selected entry in the drop down box but set it to empty instead.
- 2013-01-21 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading VP6 video from FlashVideo files. Fixes #836.
- 2013-01-20 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed validating the argument for splitting parts by frame/field numbers. Fixes #835.