I’ve released v5.9.0.
I’ve released MKVToolNix v5.9.0. It fixes several bugs: 793 (appending empty subtitle tracks); 795 (file names containing ‘%’ read from .mmg files); reading linked seek heads in mkvmerge (fixes mkvmerge not finding attachments after usage of mkvpropedit); 801 & 802 (discarding EBML void elements when writing and reading XML chapter files); 804 (mkvmerge will keep timecodes of PCM tracks read from containers that provide timecodes); 805 (reading seek position elements bigger than 2 GB).
Enhancements include writing the newly introduced elements “cue duration” and “cue relative position” which provide more detailed information for seeking. Due to this compilation requires new versions of libEBML (1.3.0) and libMatroska (1.4.0), neither of which has been released yet: they’re only available from the Subversion repository so far. However, MKVToolNix comes bundled with internal copies of both libraries which will be used.
All of the binaries that I provide myself are already available.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 5.8.0:
- 2012-12-09 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v5.9.0.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading seek position values bigger than 2 GB. Fixes #805.
- 2012-12-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- 2012-12-05 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- all: bug fix: EBML void elements will be skipped when reading structures from XML (e.g. chapters). Fixes #802.
- 2012-12-02 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- all: bug fix: EBML void elements will be skipped when saving structures to XML (e.g. chapters). Fixes #801.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading linked seek heads in Matroska files.
- 2012-11-13 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed reading file names containing a ‘%’ from a .mmg settings file (both normally saved files and the job queue files). Fixes #795.
- 2012-10-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: Dirac video code: Added four more pre-defined video types from Dirac spec v2.2.2 and two from Dirac Pro.
- 2012-09-27 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge, mmg: enhancement: Added options for turning off writing "CueDuration" elements ("–engage no_cue_duration") and "CueRelativePosition" elements ("–engage no_cue_relative_positions").
- mkvmerge: new feature: The element "CueRelativePosition" is written for all cue entries.
- mkvmerge: new feature: The element "CueDuration" will be written for all cue entries referring to subtitle tracks.
- mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will write cues for subtitle tracks by default now.
- mkvinfo: new feature: added support for the new elements CueDuration, CueRelativePosition and TimecodeScaleDenimonator. The denominator’s value is only shown so far but not taken into account when calculating any timecode.
- mkvpropedit, mmg, mkvmerge: removal: removed support for the deprecated element TrackTimecodeScale.