I’ve released mkvtoolnix v5.2.1. It corrects a nasty inconsistency regarding track IDs between mkvmerge and mkvextract, improves performance on Linux quite a bit by not caching data twice and fixes a few smaller issues here and there.
There were no changes that concern package maintainers.
All of the binaries that I provide myself are already available.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 5.2.0:
- 2012-01-02 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Released v5.2.1.
- 2011-12-29 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed certain DTS files being mis-detected as AC3. Fix for bug 693.
- 2011-12-28 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: Added an option "–without-gettext" that allows for building without support for translations even if gettext itself is installed.
- build system: Added an option "–without-curl" that allows for building without CURL support even if CURL itself is installed.
- all: bug fix: Fixed compilation if gettext/libintl is not available.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The MPEG program stream reader was reporting wrong progress percentage if multiple files were used since v5.1.0.
- 2011-12-27 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: Removed the posix_fadvise() code. The application is using its own caching code which caused bad performance if the OS caching provided via posix_fadvise() is used as well.
- 2011-12-25 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If an MP4 file contains chapters encoded in a different charset than UTF-8 and –chapter-charset is not used then the error message shown is a lot clearer why mkvmerge aborts muxing. Before the error message was a generic "mm_text_io_c::read_next_char(): invalid UTF-8 character. The first byte:…"
- mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG program streams in which a track suddenly ends and others continue or in which a track has huge gaps will no longer cause mkvmerge to try to read the whole file at once. This could lead to excessive swapping and finally mkvmerge crashing if no more memory was available.
- 2011-12-24 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvextract: bug fix: The track IDs used for extraction are consistent again with the IDs that mkvmerge’s identification reports. Fix for bug 689.
- 2011-12-21 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fix compilation if FLAC is not available. Fix for issue #13.