I’ve released mkvtoolnix v5.2.0. It fixes a lot of smaller issues across the board among with restoring the MIME type detection behavior of MKVToolNix v5.0.1 regarding TrueType fonts. There were performance enhancements as well.
There are no changes for package maintainers.
All of the binaries that I provide myself are already available.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 5.1.0:
- 2011-12-18 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v5.2.0.
- mkvmerge, mmg: bug fix: Automatic MIME type recognition for TrueType fonts will result in "application/x-truetype-font" again instead of "application/x-font-ttf". Fix for bug 682.
- 2011-12-14 Andriy Bilous’ko <email@example.com>
- documentation: enhancement: Added a Ukrainian translation for mkvextract’s man page.
- 2011-12-13 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: Various elements used to have a space between their names and their value’s hex dump. In v5.1.0 that space was accentally removed. It has been added again. Fix for bug 583.
- 2011-12-12 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Turn off input file buffering for badly interleaved MP4 files.
- 2011-12-11 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Changed how mkvmerge assigns IDs to tracks in source files for Matroska and MP4 files. That way files whose headers contain the same ID for multiple tracks will work correctly. Fix for bug 681.
- 2011-12-07 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: The VP8 output module will always re-derive frame types (key frame vs. non-key frame).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: VP8 read from AVI could not be put into WebM compatible files.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a rare audio type mis-detection of MP2/MP3 audio tracks in MPEG program streams causing mkvmerge to abort with an error message.
- 2011-12-04 Nils Maier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge, mkvextract: enhancement: Implemented input file buffering in mkvmerge and improved/implemented output file buffering in other tools.
- 2011-12-03 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg, mkvinfo’s GUI: enhancement: Added new icons based on the work of Alexandr Grigorcea (see AUTHORS).
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed a memory leak in mmg’s header editor that caused the "open file" function to stop working after opening a few files. Fix for bug 679.