I’ve released mkvtoolnix v5.1.0. It fixes a lot of smaller issues across the board and greatly improves support for MPEG transport streams.
There are two important issues for package maintainers:
- MKVToolNix now requires a C++ compiler that supports certain features of the C++11 standard. For gcc this means at least v4.6.0 is required. Unfortunately clang, even in the upcoming release 3.0, doesn’t support all of the required features yet. Platforms that don’t ship with such a new gcc or with clang only will have to stay at MKVToolNix 5.0.1.
- MKVToolNix now requires Boost v1.46 or newer.
All of the binaries that I provide myself are already available.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 5.0.1:
- 2011-11-28 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v5.1.0.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed more timecode handling issues for video tracks in MPEG transport streams whose PES packets sometimes don’t have a timecode.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge will no longer create folders on drives it shouldn’t create them on on Windows.
- 2011-11-26 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed bogus huge timecodes sometimes occurring for AVC/h.264 video tracks read from MPEG transport streams.
- 2011-11-24 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- all: enhancement: Made all EXEs declare their required access level privileges for Windows’ User Access Control.
- mmg: enhancement: Made mmg DPI-aware on Windows (tested up to 144 DPI).
- 2011-11-09 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mmg: bug fix: mmg will append ".xml" to the file name entered when saving from the chapter editor if no extension was given.
- 2011-11-06 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvinfo: bug fix: Improved skipping broken data on all operating systems.
- mkvmerge, mkvextract: bug fix: Skipping broken data in Matroska file often caused the program to abort on Windows. This has been fixed so that processing continues after the broken part. Fix for bug 668.
- 2011-11-04 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- examples: Added XSLT 2.0 stylesheets in the "examples/stylesheets" directory for turning Matroska chapters into cue sheet and split points for "shntool" (useful for situations in which you have e.g. a live recording from a concert including chapters and want to create one audio file per song).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading VC1 video tracks from Matroska files that don’t use VC1 start markers (0x00 0x00 0x01 …).
- 2011-10-30 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: enhancement: Added "ogv" to the list of known file extensions for "Ogg/OGM audio/video files". Implements bug 667.
- mmg: bug fix: A utility function for breaking a line into multiple ones was accessing invalid memory in rare situations causing mmg to crash. Could happen e.g. when adding a job to the job queue.
- 2011-10-24 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge will use DTS instead of PTS for VC1 video tracks read from MPEG transport streams.
- 2011-10-23 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- build system: Boost’s "Range" library is now required.
- build system: Boost v1.46.0 or newer is now required. As a consequence included copies of some of Boost’s libraries have been removed (foreach, property tree).
- build system: The C++ compiler must now support several features of the C++11 standard: initializer lists, range-based ‘for’ loops, right angle brackets, the ‘auto’ keyword and lambda functions. configure checks for each of these. For GCC this means at least v4.6.0.
- 2011-10-22 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading MPEG transport streams on big endian systems.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: Added support for reading AAC tracks from MPEG transport streams.
- 2011-10-17 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Relaxed the compatibility checks when concatenating VP8 video tracks.
- 2011-10-16 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed PCM audio in WAV sometimes being detected as DTS.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: The verbose identification mode will add the properties "default_duration", "audio_sampling_frequency" and "audio_channels" if appropriate and if the corresponding header elements are present.
- 2011-10-13 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Packaging: In v5.0.1 mmg’s guide was accidentally moved into the "mkvtoolnix" Debian/Ubuntu package. It has been moved back into "mkvtoolnix-gui" again.
- 2011-10-11 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: "Castilan" has been merged with "Spanish" into "Spanish; Castillan" in the ISO 639 language list as both share the same ISO 639-2 code "spa".