I’ve released mkvtoolnix v4.6.0. It contains a couple of bug fixes as well as a few new features.
There are two important changes for package maintainer:
There’s a new translation available, Turkish.
mkvtoolnix requires boost 1.36 or newer for compilation.
Here are the usual links: the home page, the source code and the Windows installer and 7zip archive.
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 4.5.0:
- 2011-03-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: Fixed building the Qt version of mkvinfo’s GUI (again). Fix for bug 576.
- 2011-02-17 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: If the header editor finds ‘language’ elements with ISO-639-1 codes (e.g. "fra" instead of "fre" for "French") then it will map the code to the corresponding ISO-639-2 code. Fix for bug 598.
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed one of the issues causing mmg to report that it is configured to use an unsupported version of mkvmerge when the reported version was actually empty.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: HD-DVD subtitles are recognized as being an unsupported file format. This makes the error message presented to the user a bit clearer. Fix for bug 600.
- 2011-02-15 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build: Boost 1.36.0 or newer is required (up from 1.34.0). Also fixed building with v3 of Boost’s filesystem library, e.g. with Boost 1.46.0 Beta 1 or newer.
- mkvpropedit: new feature: Added support for adding, replacing and removing tags.
- 2011-02-07 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- all: Added a translation for the programs into Turkish by ßouЯock (see AUTHORS).
- 2011-02-06 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: Fixed compilation if configure choses the internal versions of libebml and libmatroska while older versions are still installed in a location named with "-I…" or "-L…" in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS or with configure’s "–with-extra-includes" and "–with-extra-libs" options.