I’ve decided to move the git repositories for MKVToolNix and for mo-git-blame to GitHub, the social coding site. You can find MKVToolNix at https://github.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix and mo-git-blame at https://github.com/mbunkus/mo-git-blame.
You can update existing repositories by editing the file .git/config and replacing all entries “url = git://git.bunkus.org/mkvtoolnix.git” with “url = git://github.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix.git” and running “git remote update” afterwards.
I haven’t decided yet whether or not to use GitHub’s issue tracking system instead of my own Bugzilla installation. So for the time being you can still use it.
I’ve released mkvtoolnix v4.6.0. It contains a couple of bug fixes as well as a few new features.
There are two important changes for package maintainer:
- There’s a new translation available, Turkish.
- mkvtoolnix requires boost 1.36 or newer for compilation.
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 4.5.0:
- 2011-03-08 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: Fixed building the Qt version of mkvinfo’s GUI (again). Fix for bug 576.
- 2011-02-17 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mmg: bug fix: If the header editor finds ‘language’ elements with ISO-639-1 codes (e.g. "fra" instead of "fre" for "French") then it will map the code to the corresponding ISO-639-2 code. Fix for bug 598.
- mmg: bug fix: Fixed one of the issues causing mmg to report that it is configured to use an unsupported version of mkvmerge when the reported version was actually empty.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: HD-DVD subtitles are recognized as being an unsupported file format. This makes the error message presented to the user a bit clearer. Fix for bug 600.
- 2011-02-15 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build: Boost 1.36.0 or newer is required (up from 1.34.0). Also fixed building with v3 of Boost’s filesystem library, e.g. with Boost 1.46.0 Beta 1 or newer.
- mkvpropedit: new feature: Added support for adding, replacing and removing tags.
- 2011-02-07 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- all: Added a translation for the programs into Turkish by ßouЯock (see AUTHORS).
- 2011-02-06 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- build system: Fixed compilation if configure choses the internal versions of libebml and libmatroska while older versions are still installed in a location named with "-I…" or "-L…" in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS or with configure’s "–with-extra-includes" and "–with-extra-libs" options.