I’ve released mkvtoolnix v4.4.0. It contains the usual mix of bug fixes and a few enhancements but no major new features.
Nothing has changed for people building from source in general and package maintainers in particular.
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here’s the full ChangeLog since release 4.3.0:
- 2010-10-31 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Released v4.4.0.
- build system: bug fix: Installation no longer fails if xsltproc is available but the DocBook stylesheets aren’t. Fix for bug 575.
- mkvmerge: new feature: If the name of an input file starts with
=then mkvmerge will not try to open other files with the same name (e.g. ‘VTS_01_1.VOB’, ‘VTS_01_2.VOB’, ‘VTS_01_3.VOB’) from the same directory. A single
=as an argument disables this as well for the next input file. Implements bug 570.
- mmg: new feature: Added an option to disable extra compression when adding tracks by default.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Made file type detection stricter for MP3, AC3 and AAC files. This prevents mis-detection of other file types as one of these for certain files. Fix for bug 574.
- 2010-10-19 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the usage of iterators with the STL "deque" template class. This caused mkvmerge to abort on systems which did not use the GNU implementation of the standard template library, e.g. OpenSolaris with the SunStudio compiler. Fix for bug 567.
- 2010-09-28 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: The warning about subtitle entries that are skipped because their start time is greater than their end time now includes the subtitle number.
- 2010-09-23 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
- Build system: bug fix:
drake installdid not work if the login shell was not POSIX compatible (e.g. fish). Fix for bug 559.
- 2010-09-19 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mkvmerge: enhancement: When appending two Matroska files which both contain chapters the chapter entries of all editions will be merged even if the edition’s UIDs were different to begin with. This is done based on the order of the edition. If both files contain three editions each then the chapters from the first edition in the second file will be put into the first edition from the first file; the chapters from the second edition into the second edition and so on.
- all: Added a translation of the programs into French by Trinine (see AUTHORS).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The MPEG ES reader was accessing uninitialized data. This could lead to crashes or source files not being read correctly.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Using
--no-videoon AVI files caused the video track to be mistaken for an audio track and included anyway. Fix for bug 558.